Sunday 29 September 2013

Chapter 9


999


=========
I got to work right away, without revealing my tool. I had no physical object that I could or wanted to use. Just me and what we could see. I ingratiated myself to him, and whispered over him as I stood behind him, hands on his shoulders.

He actually whimpered, and grasped his cane, like he had almost become blind, staring into something he couldn't see. I whispered the first verse of the divination.

He began to weep, I stood over him, until I became dizzy, in the smoky air, and then...


I walked into a masterful room of colour, it had a luminousness like I had never seen. I had encountered the future I couldn't yet want to know, in this madness of a place. The absolute shock of the brightness, in every mad detail, it was a woman's room, I'm sure. There were flowers for the woman here, in the detail in the chair, big bold electrical machines, a pink round empty lamp, that produced wind, when I touched it. Bright colourful insane colours, pictures of woman painted from nature on shining paper, and there were simple things, like soap, in lurid tough, slippery surfaced bottles, chairs in all new types of actually plain looking design, with bent round iron arms, seamlessly soldered together, a square machine, that hissed and showed me black and white fuzz, blistering inside a square piece of glass. All of it looked like it had got old and abandoned though, I looked to the window for a way to leave, but it was covered by a mesh of metal. I turned the lock of the door, and went out into the madness of a black corridor.

There was everything for me to see there, but someone told me to look for nothing. A girl was laughing up in the air.

===

I stepped boldly along the hall heading for the door numbered 310. I had written this door exactly. I brushed my fingers across the dark door, chest height, and letters burned across in fool's gold colour, with a scarlet shadow. As I pushed the door with my foot, a blow of something large hit me in the face, and knocked me down.

===

The man in the wooden chair, shuddered. Then, leaning on his cane, he stood steadily and purposefully, he threw away the cane, and stepped forward, his eyes shone darkly with a white fire shimmering around them. He went up the hallway, and out the main door.

===

Ezu, passed into a new dream, it was a dream full of tiredness, his eyes were heavy, he went to rest. Regan was calling and calling. She thought all the possibilities would be given to her in her favour, so she used a modern day trick, she buzzed Ezu on his mobile, she dialled the number and as it lit up, the phone exploded. She was in endless white light, she used another call out, her mind. She spun through a silver fountain, spinning in a heavy windfall of objects that were half-formed and ghostly, falling and flying around her. A little spirit called Ezu giggled in her mind, and a girl was weeping. She lifted her head back, and swam backwards into nothing, into the silk door veiling the next world.

No comments:

Post a Comment